Suggestions

Have an idea on how I can make this forum a better place? Tell me here.

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:12 pm

Sorry Brian.
Yer poor old mouse finger is just going to have to be worked to death. There isn't a mod for what you are asking, and most of the mod writers are trying to get their mods updated for the new phpbb forum program which is completely different from this version. (code wise)
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:56 am

No problem, I was just wondering. Thanks for looking into it. :smile:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:24 am

Okay, I've got a new one which may be more doable. And it will save me seven keystrokes every time I type a hyperlink, instead of that measley single mouse click item before.

Can we make it so that hyperlinks are underlined, in addition to being a different color?

For the purposes of this demonstration, replace LALALA in your mind with the hyperlink (url) tag, and BOO with the underline (u) tag.

Let's say I want to put a hyperlink inline with a body of text. The way to do that is to type [LALALA=http://someurl.com]something like this[/LALALA]. That makes "something like this" a hyperlink, as expected. But it is just a different color, not underlined as is the usual convention for such things. Plus in subSilver (I can't speak for the other themes), the color is not significantly different from the regular text. I've found that the lack of underlining sometimes makes people miss a link. My way around has been to type [LALALA=http://someurl.com][BOO]something like this[/BOO][/LALALA], inserting the underline tags inside the URL tags. If this keeps up, I'll have to replace the 'U' key on my keyboard! :huh:

Thanks. :P
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:01 pm

Huh. I hadn't even noticed that this BB somehow suppresses the underlining of links embedded in the notes.

Henry

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:40 pm

That's because of all that extra typing I do to shield you from the harsh realities of life on the BB. :x

Don't worry about me, though. You kids go have fun.

OMG, I just became my mother. :cry:

:rotfl:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:44 pm

I don't know if I can do it or not. I'll look into it tho. It is odd that phpbb supresses the color and line, plus, the link is supposed to be underlined anyway. I shall see what I can do.
Sometimes.
Forum Host

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:52 pm

Thankee thankee! :smile:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:34 pm

Ok, as a temporary fix, I have changed the link color on subsilver. If you use the url tag, [ url=http://www.trucker2000.net ]Add text here[ /ur l] (spaces added for you to see) It will look like this. That'll grab someones attention. :D
I'll look at the rest of the color scemes and see how they look.

Edit to add: I fixed it on all the color scemes eccept LordOfTheRings. That one is hard coded so I would have to get into the files to fix it. but it looks bolded so that kinda gets your attention.
Sometimes.
Forum Host

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:48 pm

Um.....are you talking about the titles of the strings?
I don't like it....if your taking a survey.....and even if your not. :smile:
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:34 pm

No. Links you add in your posts.
Sometimes.
Forum Host

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:08 am

Ah, well......there are, then. :smile:
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:53 am

trucker2000 wrote:Ok, as a temporary fix, I have changed the link color on subsilver. If you use the url tag, [ url=http://www.trucker2000.net ]Add text here[ /ur l] (spaces added for you to see) It will look like this. That'll grab someones attention. :D
I'll look at the rest of the color scemes and see how they look.

Edit to add: I fixed it on all the color scemes eccept LordOfTheRings. That one is hard coded so I would have to get into the files to fix it. but it looks bolded so that kinda gets your attention.
Actually, your "It will look like this" still looks the same in subSilver, sorta dark bluish in color. I've noticed that some of the thread titles in the forum view are now bold and red, though. But not all of them. :scratchhead:

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:08 am

Links in the browser's recent history seem to show up as red. Clearing browser history made the red go away. Although the numbered page links on the forum level don't seem to turn red after using them and then reloading the forum page - don't know why they'd act differently than the main topic link unless it's just the length of the description on that link.

Henry

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:54 pm

Hmmm, I'll have to dig into the code to see if I can fix this.
Sometimes.
Forum Host

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:20 pm

Hopefully, it's fixed. It's not the color I chose, and it's not underlined, but the color difference is definately noticeable. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host