X-PRODIGY

News and Announcements
Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
X-PRODIGY

Post by Xjmt » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:35 pm

I haven't been able to get through to x-prodigy. I keep getting a screen that seems to indicate they've been deleted because they haven't paid their bills. Would anyone here know anything about that?

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:16 pm

Nope - you know as much as I do. No access since yesterday evening.

I'll stick a question on the Phoenix Gate to see if anybody's there that might know something.

Henry

thread on Phoenix Gate about xProdigy BB

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:51 pm

I sent Bill an email this afternoon and I just heard from him. His web host suspended his account for excessive bandwidth usage. He suspects some script run by the forum software and he has disabled them, but he didn't tell me what function they perform on the forum. The support person told him that the account would be suspended again if this didn't work.

At the moment he's planning to install new forum software right away. I don't know what kind; the forum we have been testing is ugly and difficult to use. Keep your fingers crossed that he finds something better.
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:05 am

excessive bandwidth usage
Well that can't be us cuz I'm about the only one uses emoticons over there. However my security lock does come on while I'm over there so something in the software @ x-prodigy is doing something to annoy that lock. It's just mostly a little red dot on the bottom border of my browser and when I left click on it I get a balloon that says something is being blocked.

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:06 pm

I got an email from Bill this morning; he's going to use a BB just like this one that he installed last year. I told him the one he wanted to use was too complicated. He just has to upgrade to the most recent version and we will be back in business. The BB is already created, just a few test posts there.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:44 pm

As of a few moments ago the first page was there but not the forum.

The thing MSoft Firewall doesn't like is a d/l from att/SBC. There is an ad for them on the first page but I'd noticed it had been x-ed out for a couple of days prior to the place closing down.

Here's hoping the new software pleases the gods in charge over there. :wave:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:38 pm

As I told Donahoo, this forum program uses almost no bandwidth to run. The smilies pull the most, and that is still a small part. He will do well with this program. It's also the most stable and easiest to install.
I installed one today in less than 30 minutes including changing the color sceme from inside.
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:56 am

I installed one today in less than 30 minutes including changing the color sceme from inside
That's about how long it takes me to get a new &$$%& product out of the %^&*$ shrinkwrapped package! :flame:

BevH
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by BevH » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:31 am

Xjmt wrote:That's about how long it takes me to get a new &$$%& product out of the %^&*$ shrinkwrapped package! :flame:
That reminds me of the time I got a new CD. My husband asked if I didn't want to listen to it on the way home and I told him that by the time I got it out of the packaging, we would already be home. :rotfl: :rotfl:
Bev Image

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:44 am

The new site is here: http://xprodigy.net/board/index.php - now everybody go and register for it. There will be links to the old forum in "read-only" format.