News and Announcements
trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin
Just in case anyone noticed.....

Post by trucker2000 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Power Upgrade Update

Hello Mike,

We regret to inform you that on Tuesday, February 6, 2007 we encountered a loss of power that originated from our backup generator which had been powering the data center since Sunday, February 4, 2007 The generator was used as an alternative source of power while we performed a power upgrade on the existing power transfer switch and UPS backup systems. Since there was an unknown power frequency mismatch within the transfer switch, the UPS backup systems were unable to be used until the frequency was corrected.

On-site electrical workers were diagnosing the source of the problem and we were planning a scheduled time-frame for when the actual resolution could take place which would have occurred in the early morning hours. However, the generator became unstable due to the encountered temperatures and began to lose power. We decided - in the best interest - to perform an emergency shutdown of the entire Data Center power grid and to resolve all power related problems.

During the unscheduled emergency downtime the power transfer switch was replaced and power was shifted from the generator to the UPS backups and commercial power once again. This allowed us to shut down the generator from being the main source of power and allowing it to become the backup once again which it was originally designed for. The total amount of downtime was three hours which caused all services to be unavailable. All servers were powered after the switch and have been monitored closely for any problems.

We thank you for your patience and understanding in this unexpected situation. To request compensation for this downtime we ask that you please submit a helpdesk ticket to our billing department. We apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you and look forward to being able to provide you with an increased quality of service now that all power related issues have been resolved.

Respectfully,

Fatima Said
Executive Manager, CR
IX Web Hosting
I just recieved this email from my webhost.
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:41 pm

Huh. I recall noticing some down time earlier this week, but didn't keep track of when or how long it lasted. Wonder if this was the down I noticed?

Henry

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:28 pm

It probably was. I didn't notice it at all becouse I was sleeping when it went on.
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:30 pm

While it does get a little slow here from time to time I haven't noticed any shutdown either. Must have happened when I was asleep also. :wink:

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:41 pm

:snore: huh? :smile:
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:02 am

Eh? Where's that :snore: coming from? :scratchhead: