Read me Please...

News and Announcements
trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin
Read me Please...

Post by trucker2000 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:10 pm

Well, I've gone and done it. I've upgraded the forum...well, not exactly this one, but another one that has this very same database.
phpBB is geting ready to release it's newest state of the art new version and I've been testing it. It is now close enough to time for release that I thought I would give you all a chance to check it out. It is a tad different from this one. It looks different, works a little different, and has a whole slew of new security features. (not to mention other features that we don't have here) I have added a poll in the announcements forum (there) asking your input. Your answers there will determine what happens here. The conversion from this forum to that one took a grand total of 1 hour, so it's not a big deal. (I've had lots of practice)
I'm asking everyone to please check it out and answer the poll. (it's a simple yes or no)
Anywho, Enough of my hot air, click here to visit. Oh, and umm...well, since it's a conversion of this forum, you log in there the same way you do here. :) no need to reregister.
Have fun.
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:12 am

Well....I did go over to the new site....but, as I stated in my 'reply' over there......it's not user friendly.....a little confusing and I'm just used to what you have here :cry: However.....if the majority like it I will ....I suppose, get used to it. :smile:

Don't like the avitar, emoticons.....on the right side.....but, that's just my preference.

I'm not one to accept 'change' very easily. :?

I guess I just like this format, better. :huh:
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:16 pm

I got around pretty good but the poll is where? I also asked over there what "Flash" is supposed to do because nothing happened when I clicked on it. I didn't see how to change the color of fonts but maybe it was just too obvious for me. :rotfl:

Yeah! If it doesn't wear out my "Pop-Up Buster" then I can learn to live with it. :bdsmile:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:43 pm

We can discuss it here or there. Makes no difference to me. :)

Just remember, the test board is just that. It's a "test" board. It's not the final released version, so that are bugs in it. (and more getting added. :flame: )

As for the avatars on the right, if you go to the user control panel, and click on the "forum preferences" tab, you can change to the subSilver2 style and the avatars/names are on the left like they are here. :)

Flash is so that you can attach a flash file to your post, just like you would a pic. :)

pssst....(whispering here) the font colors are those pretty boxes on the right while posting.

I don't know why you got a popup. Did someone pm you? That's the only thing on the forum that uses popups and you can disable that in your user control panel.

The polls are at the bottom of your post while you are writing a reply. You can attach files, or setup a poll. The poll has several options that aren't readily "seeable". You can set how many options a person can check. (multiple choice anyone? I need to do one of those)
Don't like the avitar, emoticons.....on the right side.....but, that's just my preference.
hehe, there is a thread on the phpBB forum just about this. It's at post 1000. About half of those hate it too. (me included. If I use this board, I'll be changing it.)
I'm not one to accept 'change' very easily
Me eather. I've been playing with this for a few months now. I put it up so that you all would have a chance to see it, play with it, and see what you thought about it. I'm not forced to use it yet. Once that one is released, they will quit supporting this one, and it's getting outdated with web technology fast. (tis the reason they totally rewrote that one)
What I want, is for you all to just play with it. It does take some getting used to. I've been playing with it for months, and still almost forget to set things up so you could actually see it. :o I had to do that first thing this morning. The admin panel is a nightmare. (and you thought the user control panel was) The mod panel is quite nice tho. It's totally easier to use than the one here. (but ya'll dont see that.)

Anyway, it's there to look and play with. We have plenty of time, so there is no rush. :)
Sometimes.
Forum Host

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:01 pm

I'm still on a learning curve....have been since high school.. :smile:

Glad to hear the avitar, etc will be moved from right side to left side. Just seems easier to 'read', that way.

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:03 pm

lswot wrote:I'm still on a learning curve....have been since high school.. :smile:

Glad to hear the avitar, etc will be moved from right side to left side. Just seems easier to 'read', that way.
Well, ummm....err....uhhhh.....I umm....err....uhhhh, already tried it. It didn't work. :scratchhead:
Anyway, you aren't stuck with that style. There is a nu ther....
Sometimes.
Forum Host

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:04 pm

ohhhhkaaaaay.......

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Tue May 01, 2007 7:07 am

pssst....(whispering here) the font colors are those pretty boxes on the right while posting
pssssst...i ain't got no colored buttons left, right or otherwise. :rotfl:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 pm

I have uninstalled the sucky prosilver style. Everyone now has subsilver2. It's more like this board anyway. :)

You'll see those font colors now xjmt. :)
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed May 02, 2007 6:04 am

As to the pop-up I don't know what it was for. I just hit the Red X to close it. I don't do PM. :smile:

There now be colored buttons!! YES!! :lol:

LHawke
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by LHawke » Wed May 02, 2007 7:28 am

Wellllllllllllllll.....

I like the silver color.

The emoticons seemed to have regrouped and are plotting something...

It seems fairly easy to maneuver through for me, but then I don't do much as far as uploading, etc., so that just might be my inexperience talking. :rotfl:

It did take me a bit to find the line for clicking on the index instead of using the back button constantly...

I was disgruntled that I had to log in again (should have expected that, but as I said, my inexperience takes over sometimes...lswot, HUSH!) :)

All in all, I'll get used to it and eventually forget this one ever existed if we go with the new one.
Ael

Infinite diversity in infinite combinations

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed May 02, 2007 9:04 am

Re "The emoticons seemed to have regrouped and are plotting something..."

Or maybe they're just trying to console the one that's :cry: :scratchhead:

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed May 02, 2007 9:37 am

I was disgruntled that I had to log in again (should have expected that, but as I said, my inexperience takes over sometimes...lswot, HUSH!)
:shock: are you talking to me? Would I say anything. :smile:
Re "The emoticons seemed to have regrouped and are plotting something..."

Or maybe they're just trying to console the one that's :cry: :scratchhead:
There ya go. Compassionate emoticons. :smile:

BevH
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by BevH » Wed May 02, 2007 12:10 pm

lswot wrote:There ya go. Compassionate emoticons. :smile:
Or maybe they're Emotional Emoticons? :rotfl:
Bev Image

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed May 02, 2007 3:32 pm