Kitty Pictures

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:12 am

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/jmtrapp@prodigy.net

OK. I think I did this correctly. :scratchhead:
Go to "My Briefcase", "Mail Attachments" then the "Cat" title. :bdsmile:
To avoid confusion the "Cat" title should be the only attachment in that file folder. :cat:

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:42 pm

You did that right. I had seen that one before but it is funny every time.

I went to Office Depot today and got some sheet protectors and CD pockets to do my pictures like you suggested. Imageview will print contact sheets and you can choose how many you want on a page. And the Kodak photo software that came with the camera will probably do that as well.

I bought Paint Shop Pro Photo Album for half price directly from Jasc. It came with a large user's manual, but it is so easy to use I haven't looked at it. I wish the version of Adobe Photo Album that you can use free was that easy to figure out. If it were, I would not have uninstalled it. :oops:

Anne
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:57 pm

You did that right. I had seen that one before but it is funny every time.
I have another one somewhere with some of these but not all. And yet I think there is one or two on the other that aren't on this one. Then there's the kitten in the kitchen seeing a turtle for the very first time. That one's a scream.
I went to Office Depot today and got some sheet protectors and CD pockets to do my pictures like you suggested. Imageview will print contact sheets and you can choose how many you want on a page. And the Kodak photo software that came with the camera will probably do that as well.
I'm falling behind on both printing the contact sheets and burning the CDs but I bought more sleeves for both just in case. :bdsmile: My big problem is deciding how to break down the photos. I used to be a 'order of use only' type but with digital I guess I have to group by type. :scratchhead:
I bought Paint Shop Pro Photo Album for half price directly from Jasc. It came with a large user's manual, but it is so easy to use I haven't looked at it. I wish the version of Adobe Photo Album that you can use free was that easy to figure out. If it were, I would not have uninstalled it.
That's good to know. I do all that 'by hand'. ie moving the photos into other folder/files. But having a program do it for me would be a great help. Just about anything Adobe is quite involved so I can see what you mean. Maybe I should check out PSP. I did read great things about that program in photo and tech articles.

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:40 pm

PSP is a great program for the money - way less than $100, but don't buy it from the store if you decide to. The first new version was buggy and they are releasing version 8.1 soon. I already have the downloaded version, but they are going to mail a new CD to all registered users in the next few weeks. It will probably be available in stores about the same time.

Anne

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:49 pm

Just spent a little time perusing your kitty pics. They're a lot of fun. :rofl: Is whitey male or female? He/she seems to be very feisty.

As a kid we had an all white cat with one blue eye and one green eye. :smile: Very feisty, female, loved to rough-house with my father.

Question, how did you get the very simple name and address for your Photo site? My site is far more convoluted. :scratchhead:

Speaking of which how do you fix your sign on for Yahoo so your email address doesn't show up every time you go online in Yahoo?

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:01 am

Xjmt wrote:Just spent a little time perusing your kitty pics. They're a lot of fun. :rofl: Is whitey male or female? He/she seems to be very feisty.

As a kid we had an all white cat with one blue eye and one green eye. :smile: Very feisty, female, loved to rough-house with my father.

Question, how did you get the very simple name and address for your Photo site? My site is far more convoluted. :scratchhead:

Speaking of which how do you fix your sign on for Yahoo so your email address doesn't show up every time you go online in Yahoo?
Whitey is female - called Smudge, because she had a small patch of black hair on top of her head whe she was younger. I also had a white cat with multi-colored eyes, a half sister of Smudge, but she got run over a few years ago. :crying: One reason that I acquired so many outside cats was trying to get another like that, but Smudge has gold eyes. And I eventually had to get Callie spayed as she was having 2 litters a year. :mope:

Did you see my real troublemaker?

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/donahoo3@prodigy.net

The link to the pictures is the only one I can find - click on "Share This Album"and the link is there - since Yahoo made some changes to the Photos features that I didn't like. I sent them a nasty e-mail from several screen names, but now I can't remember what it was that I didn't like. They made it harder to use anyway.

The visible e-mail address in all Yahoo links is due to that being our user name after SBC trashed Prodigy. I don't know of a way to fix it.

If you are worried about getting tons of spam, there is a way around that. My main e-mail address - donahoo@prodigy.net - has been spammed to death for years, and I only have one other that gets e-mail. I have filters on the other nine that says "if it is NOT sent to xxx@prodigy.net , put it in the trash file" and "if it IS sent to xxx@prodigy.net, put it in the trash file. That way, every e-mail that comes to the other screen names goes in the trash file which is emptied every day, and I never look at those.

Anne

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:07 am

We had to put down our kitty yesterday. He could no longer eat, drink or even walk. His eyes were shot and we think his hearing and sense of smell were also gone . He would have been 17 years old this coming June. :crying:

spot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by spot » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:06 am

My deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your beloved kitty. Blessings on you for giving him almost 17 good years.

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:44 am

JT, I'm so sorry! :crying: And you just know when it is time to let them go.

Anne

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:19 pm

Thank you for your condolences Anne and Spot.

It has only been 48 hours and I know he's gone cuz I held him in my lap while the Vet handled the injections and yet I still think I'm gonna see him somewhere in the house in one of his usual spots.

At least he kept his sweet disposition to the end.

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:44 pm

Xjmt wrote:
It has only been 48 hours and I know he's gone cuz I held him in my lap while the Vet handled the injections and yet I still think I'm gonna see him somewhere in the house in one of his usual spots.
I know that feeling well. My vet tried to get an assistant to carry Samantha out to the car, but I held her in my lap all the way home. I don't know if I posted a link to this site I made in her memory. http://pages.prodigy.net/archives/

Anne

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:08 pm

What a beautiful idea! A memorial web page to Samantha.

On one hand I admit to never having tried posting a web site and on the other I found it very difficult to just email an attachment photo of Gypsy as a baby. Mostly becaues it gets very foggy around my computer every time I try.

I was thinking of posting the baby photo on my PHOTOs site but, whoops, here comes that stinken' fog again.

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:59 pm

:ghug:

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:23 pm

I posted two more pics tonight under the "My Briefcase" title (see above for address). :)

One is a cartoon my wife had on her work calendar from The New Yorker Collection from cartoonbank.com & they also have a web site of http://www.credo.com but that may be the calendar manufacturer.

The other photo is a baby picture of my recently departed fuzzy friend. It's scanned from a photo I had in my wallet so please don't expect miracles. :smile:

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:28 pm

Xjmt wrote:I posted two more pics tonight under the "My Briefcase" title (see above for address). :)

One is a cartoon my wife had on her work calendar from The New Yorker Collection from cartoonbank.com & they also have a web site of http://www.credo.com but that may be the calendar manufacturer.

The other photo is a baby picture of my recently departed fuzzy friend. It's scanned from a photo I had in my wallet so please don't expect miracles. :smile:
JT, I don't see anything on that site. If they were JPG files, you can't use the briefcase for it. You can only put GIF and data files in the briefcase. But you should have gotten a message to that effect.

Anne
Last edited by AnneB on Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.