Kitty Pictures

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kitty Pictures

Post by AnneB » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:05 pm

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/donahoo@prodigy.net

I've put some kitty pictures on one of my Prodigy (I mean Yahoo) sites since we have have all that space for photos. But I have more photos than we have space for. :oops:

Anne
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:24 am

Some really cute photos there. Please don't remove them just yet. I didn't get time to get a good look at all of them and I want to give it another shot a little later today. :ghug:

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:00 am

Xjmt wrote:Some really cute photos there. Please don't remove them just yet. I didn't get time to get a good look at all of them and I want to give it another shot a little later today. :ghug:
:shock:

It took me 4 days to resize and upload over 200 hundred pictures, and I had to find the scanned ones on a CD! I'm not going to take them down any time soon. :?

Anne

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:59 pm

It took me 4 days to resize and upload over 200 hundred pictures, and I had to find the scanned ones on a CD! I'm not going to take them down any time soon.
Over on one of the MSN photo forums folks posted how they keep track of their digital photos. I wish I had the photos they posted of their collections but they aren't there anymore.

In any case a combination of what they do;

1. Print "Proof" sheets of the photos on a CD,
2. Post the "Proof" sheets in plastic liners that are holed for three ring binders,
3. Insert the CD that belongs to that specific "Proof" sheet in a sleeve also designed to go in a ringed binder.
4. File the CD's with the corresponding "Proof" sheet. "Proof" sheets used to be called "Contact" sheet but I guess "Proof" sounds more professional. :rotfl:

There are special binders you can purchase that close like a box so that even it things shift in the plastic liners they won't fall out.

I've started doing this and it is very time consuming at first. But now that I'm working at it I'm breaking my old habit of saving photos by the date taken and starting to post more for subject matter.

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:05 pm

That's a wonderful idea. I have a program called ImageWalker that I use to view thumbnails of the images, but it takes forever to load from a CD. It took so long that I copied one whole CD back to the hard drive so I could find them faster.

What program do you use to print the proof sheets? I've never printed anything with ImageWalker; don't know if it can.

Anne

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:12 pm

What program do you use to print the proof sheets? I've never printed anything with ImageWalker; don't know if it can.
I have a couple of ways of doing proof sheets. The Adobe Elements has a proof sheet setting (under "File" I think) while Picture It can print thumbnails but the last time I tried I couldn't remember how to get it to do a bunch of different photos on a page. :tantrum:

Then there's the software that came with my HP printer that not only prints the proof sheets directly from the camera chip but you can mark the photos you want printed right away, put the proof sheet back on the scanner while the chip is still installed in the printer and tell it to print the photos. Yes, you can also pre-choose the sizes of the photos.

I've also toyed with putting a "major" photo from those on the CD on the CD label as part of the design. Sometimes words won't do but a primary memory in photo form will activate the "Oh, yeah! That vacation trip!" :cat:

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:51 pm

ImageWalker will print from 9 images per page, which makes them pretty big and would require lots of paper, to 81 images per page and that would be too small to be useful. :shock: The software that came with the camera shows thumbs of all the images, but apparently prints automatically. I didn't find a way to tell it how many to put on a page.

I would not have thought of doing contact sheets (actually never heard of them) but it would make it a lot easier to find a picture. Right now my pictures are just copied to a CD, as soon as I get them from the camera. they are still stored by date. Then the resizing changed the date on the file. :cry: And the scanned images have the scanning date for the "date acquired." I lost all the pictures that I took for the first 8 months of 2002 when I had a hard drive crash last September, and I had not copied any of the pictures to CD.

Did you see JD's comment a few weeks ago about writing to a CD-R in several sessions wasting space? I have been putting music files on CD-R disks a few at a time, but decided to put create a second backup. The second disk created all at once had 40mb more free space than the first one did.

Anne

Fallstar
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Fallstar » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:04 am

Anne, have you looked at Jasc's Photo Album 4 ? That's supposed to be a pretty nifty organizer/viewer program. I know Adobe has their version as well...but figured since you already own PSP...

:)

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:32 am

Fallstar wrote:Anne, have you looked at Jasc's Photo Album 4 ? That's supposed to be a pretty nifty organizer/viewer program. I know Adobe has their version as well...but figured since you already own PSP...

:)
I looked at it at Best Buy and couldn't tell much from the box. It was ~$40 there and I think we can get it for ~$25 on-line. I also downloaded the trial version of Adobe Photo Album. It is a fully functional program that only limits the number of photos you can put in a single album (250, I think). I haven't had time to even open the program; maybe I need to check it out more closely.

Anne

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:11 pm

I looked at it at Best Buy and couldn't tell much from the box
Don't you just hate that?! :rasp: I know I do. :gunfire:

Years ago you could compare items being sold in the newspaper ads. They stopped giving all that info but at least the box in the store would fill you in. Now you just don't know what you're getting. I find myself searching on the internet more and more for items I want to purchase. Many sites even have areas for people who've already purchased the item to post their comments. :bow:

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:27 am

Someday I'll get a chance to look at all your kitty pics without anything interrupting. :?

In any case my wife just forwarded home from work a strip of animation of silly kitties doing silly things. Do you think you would have any interest in seeing it? It's fairly large but I'll attach it to an email and send it off to whatever address you decide.

My Windows Media Player can view it so it shouldn't be difficult for you to find a way to view it. :cat:

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:27 pm

Xjmt wrote:Someday I'll get a chance to look at all your kitty pics without anything interrupting. :?

In any case my wife just forwarded home from work a strip of animation of silly kitties doing silly things. Do you think you would have any interest in seeing it? It's fairly large but I'll attach it to an email and send it off to whatever address you decide.

My Windows Media Player can view it so it shouldn't be difficult for you to find a way to view it. :cat:
If it looks like someone's home videos, I've probably already got it. If that's not the one, go ahead and send it.

I've put some more pics up on another site. The subaccounts have less space and I didn't get all of them put up.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/donahoo3@prodigy.net

Anne

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:25 pm

Yahoo stored the videos in My Briefcase and I'm not sure about outside access to that file. Besides that's where I hide my WMD so maybe you don't want to go there. :lol:

Yes, they do look like home movies and I've seen some of them before but there are some here that are new to me. Let me investigate as to the easiest way for you to view them then I'll get back to you. :scratchhead:

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:22 am

Xjmt wrote:Yahoo stored the videos in My Briefcase and I'm not sure about outside access to that file. Besides that's where I hide my WMD so maybe you don't want to go there. :lol:

Yes, they do look like home movies and I've seen some of them before but there are some here that are new to me. Let me investigate as to the easiest way for you to view them then I'll get back to you. :scratchhead:
Look around on that page and you'll find a link to that you can post here like you have done with your pictures on the Prodigy forum. You also have to set the briefcase file as public.

Anne

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:51 am

I'll try to get working on that Briefcase file this A.M. :scratchhead: