I'm Baaack... :)

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

BevH
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
I'm Baaack... :)

Post by BevH » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:54 pm

Gosh this place isn't easy to find... especially when you have a memory like a sieve and you depend on bookmarks to remember all your sites. :rotfl:

Anyway, my computer decided 2 years was enough and quit working. That's why I haven't been around. But it's good to finally get back here.

Oh, and Trucker, you can now ignore my e-mail. ;)
Bev Image

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:22 pm

Yay!

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:41 pm

Welcome back, Bev. :smile:
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:25 am

Bev Who?? :outtahere:

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:28 am

So what kind of 'puter you had gave up after two years and what did you do to get back online? Curious 'cuz am in the market for a new laptop and in the last two years the technology has changed so much I don't know what I'm looking at. :scratchhead:

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:31 am

Bev! :ghug:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:23 am

Re "Bev Who??"

Crusher, maybe? :scratchhead: :smile:

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:45 am

Is she wearing a lab coat?? :cool:

BevH
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by BevH » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:58 am

Xjmt wrote:Bev Who?? :outtahere:
:rasp:
Bev Image

BevH
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by BevH » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:08 pm

Xjmt wrote:So what kind of 'puter you had gave up after two years and what did you do to get back online? Curious 'cuz am in the market for a new laptop and in the last two years the technology has changed so much I don't know what I'm looking at. :scratchhead:
I had a Sony Viao that I always considered a piece of junk. I dunno, lots of people like them. Getting back online wasn't really a problem, it's been trying to find all my old bookmarked sites. You wouldn't believe what I went through to try to find this place. Note to self: don't try typing "Trucker" into a search engine... :rotfl: I tried looking for people's names hoping that would pull up a hit for this place. Let's see, Brian's a doctor, an orthodontist, a respected author... I even found a link for his pages.prodigy.com website that's under construction... still :rotfl: What finally did get me here was typing in tv forum. But it took a good 2 weeks for me to finally figure that one out. ;)

As to what computer I ended up getting, I got an E Machines with a Pentium 4 516, 512mb memory and a 250G hard drive. I like to play games. :lol: Oh yeah, it's a desktop, laptops are way too expensive for me. There really isn't much in the way of diversity in computers. So many companies have gone under, merged or gone with online/telephone ordering. I bought this one at Office Depot. Had I been able to shop around, I might have gone with a Dell. *shrugs* They're all pretty much the same inside when you get down to it.
Bev Image

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:50 pm

Welcome back, Bev.....
I have an E......now I'm afraid to 'change' because of all the trouble you had finding this place! :lol:
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:35 pm

BevH wrote:
Xjmt wrote:Bev Who?? :outtahere:
:rasp:
OH!! That BevH! HI BEV!! :wave: :kiss:

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:46 pm

Yeah, the laptops are more expensive than a desk top, still. But space is a problem. That and wifeypoo is used to a laptop at home. I keep telling her that what she gets will depend on what she wants to do.

I have, however, noticed with the new laptops many have those modems that do not use telephones and I don't think that's gonna fly here at home. So we have to have something we can plug into the dial-up YAHOO! service.

Also....yeah, lots of folks like those Sony Viao units. :scratchhead:

Then there's the new IBM which really isn't an IBM but manufactured in China.

E-Machine? When they first came out the word was that if it broke down they'd replace it. The problem in my mind back then was I'm giving up a 'puter with all MY STUFF on it and I fear what might be done with MY STUFF! :rant:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'm Baaack... :)

Post by trucker2000 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:50 pm

BevH wrote:Gosh this place isn't easy to find... especially when you have a memory like a sieve and you depend on bookmarks to remember all your sites. :rotfl:

Anyway, my computer decided 2 years was enough and quit working. That's why I haven't been around. But it's good to finally get back here.

Oh, and Trucker, you can now ignore my e-mail. ;)
Umm, :oops: I haven't recieved an email. I even checked my junkmail to see if it got lost in that trap.

Oh, and easy way to find this place..... google "trucker2000" :lol:
You'll get 4 pages of umm, places I've visited, but the very first link is to this forum. :)

Glad you made it back.
My old puter was a sony vaio. Didn't have any real problems with it. My son is using it now.
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host