Dr. Phil's Test

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin
Dr. Phil's Test

Post by brian » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:04 am

Got this in a spam email, but found it an interesting diversion. :)

I'm a 37:
Dr. Phil's Test

Below is Dr Phil's test. Dr. Phil scored 55; he did this test on Oprah-she got a 38.

Some folks pay a lot of money to find this stuff out. Read on, this is very interesting! Don't be overly sensitive! The following is pretty accurate and it only takes 2 minutes. Take this test for yourself and send it to your friends.

The person who sent it placed their score in the subject box. Please do the same before forwarding to your friends. (Send it back to the person who sent it to you) Don't peek... Begin the test as you scroll down and answer.

Answers are for who you are now...... not who you were in the past. Have pen or pencil and paper ready. This is a real test given by the Human Relations Dept. at many of the major corporations today. It helps them get insight concerning their employees and prospective employees.It's only 10 simple questions, so..... grab a pencil and paper, keeping track of the "letter" to your answers for each question. Make sure to change the subject of the e-mail to read YOUR total. When you are finished, forward this to friends/family, and also send it to the person who sent this to you. Make sure to put YOUR score in the subject box.

Ready? Begin..

1. When do you feel your best?
a) in the morning
b) during the afternoon and early evening
c) late at night

2. You usually walk...
a) fairly fast, with long steps
b) fairly fast, with little steps
c) less fast head up, looking the world in the face
d) less fast, head down
e) very slowly

3. When talking to people you...
a) stand with your arms folded
b) have your hands clasped
c) have one or both your hands on your hips
d) touch or push the person to whom you are talking
e) play with your ear, touch your chin, or smooth your hair

4. When relaxing, you sit with?
a) your knees bent with your legs neatly side by side
b) your legs crossed
c) your legs stretched out or straight
d) one leg curled under you

5. When something really amuses you, you react with...
a) big appreciated laugh
b) a laugh, but not a loud one
c) a quiet chuckle
d) a sheepish smile

6. When you go to a party or social gathering you...
a) make a loud entrance so everyone notices you
b) make a quiet entrance, looking around for someone you know
c) make the quietest entrance, trying to stay unnoticed

7. You're working very hard, concentrating hard, and you're interrupted, you...
a) welcome the break
b) feel extremely irritated
c) vary between these two extremes

8. Which of the following colors do you like most
a) red or orange
b) black
c) yellow or light blue
d) green
e) dark blue or purple
f) white
g) brown or gray

9. When you are in bed at night, in those last few moments before going to sleep you are....
a) stretched out on your back
b) stretched out face down on your stomach
c) on your side, slightly curled
d) with your head on one arm
e) with your head under the covers

10. You often dream that you are...
a) falling
b) fighting or struggling
c) searching for something or somebody
d) flying or floating
e) you usually have dreamless sleep
f) your dreams are always pleasant

2. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 7 (d) 2 (e) 1
3. (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 5 (d) 7 (e) 6
4. (a) 4 (b) 6 (c) 2 (d) 1
5. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 3 (d) 5 (e) 2
6. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 2
7. (a) 6 (b) 2 (c) 4
8. (a) 6 (b) 7 (c) 5 (d) 4 (e) 3 (f) 2 (g) 1
9. (a) 7 (b) 6 (c) 4 (d) 2 (e) 1
10. (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 5 (e) 6 (f) 1

Now add up the total number of points.

OVER 60 POINTS: Others see you as someone they should "handle with care." You're seen as pain, self-centered, and who is extremely dominant. Others may admire you, wishing they could be more like you, but don't always trust you, hesitating to become too deeply involved with you.

51 TO 60 POINTS: Others see you as an exciting, highly volatile, rather impulsive personality; a natural leader, who's quick to make decisions, though not always the right ones. They see you as bold and adventuresome, someone who will try anything once; someone who takes chances and enjoys an adventure. They enjoy being in your company because of the excitement you radiate.

41 TO 50 POINTS: Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out.

31 TO 40 POINTS: Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful & practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest. Not a person who makes friends too quickly or easily, but someone who's extremely loyal to friends you do make and who expect the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends, but equally that it takes you a long time to get over it if that trust is ever broken.

21 TO 30 POINTS: Your friends see you as painstaking and fussy. They see you as very cautious, extremely careful, a slow and steady plodder. It would really surprise them if you ever did something impulsively or on the spur of the moment, expecting you to examine everything carefully from every angle and then, usually decide against it. They think this reaction is caused partly by your careful nature.

UNDER 21 POINTS: People think you are shy, nervous, and indecisive, someone who needs looking after, who always wants someone else to make the decisions and who doesn't want to get involved with anyone or anything! They see you as a worrier who always sees problems that don't exist. Some people think you're boring. Only those who know you well know that you aren't.
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:57 am

Well I got a 41 but I do have more than one bone of contention with tests such as this. :flame:

First off I think Dr Phil is a moron who's more interested in parlor tricks than whateverinhell he claims to be doing. :preach:

More specifically # 9. Come-on now, if I just fell asleep then how do I know which way I was facing? In any case I doubt there is only one position for me. It would depend on what is or isn't hurting that night. :spam:

# 5. Wouldn't that depend on the quality of the joke? My reaction to a majority of online jokes is "None Of The Above." Instead -> :snore:

#4. None of the above. I tend to slouch with knees apart but I hurt my back doing that so I try to sit upright with my ankles crossed. Yeah, I know, my feet are supposed to be flat on the floor but I ain't build that way. :rasp: In fact most people I've been acquainted with sit that way also. I said "most" not all.

#3. This is a real bone of contention from the era of the "Body Language" books. There was this college instructor giving a evening adult class in managing problem employees and she was well versed in the "Body Language" philosophy. She also owned a high level employment agency.
Well she insisted that as per the "B.L." book that persons who sit or stand with their arms crossed are being defensive. I told her that IMHO that was all wet. :moon: My parents sat with their arms crossed 'cuz their bellies made great arm rests. :biggthumbup: She was about to challange that when two women from Isreal sitting in the back of the class chimed in against her and decalred their parents, too, crossed arms and that can be learned behavior. :clap: :biggthumbup:

Phil is a pharce! :banghead:

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:44 am

We are in total agreement about "Dr." Phil. I almost removed his name from this before posting it, so as not to imply any endorsement. ;)
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:09 am

I got a 40 and that seems pretty accurate as I see myself. I have no idea how others see me, except for one co-worker who tells me regularly that I'm the smartest person she knows. :shock:
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:05 pm

Donahoo wrote:I got a 40 and that seems pretty accurate as I see myself. I have no idea how others see me, except for one co-worker who tells me regularly that I'm the smartest person she knows. :shock:
Oh I don't know about that. I think Brian's smarter. :outtahere:

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:01 pm

I'll let you dig your own grave there, Mister!

I think my 37 is pretty accurate, as well.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Well the least you could do is hand me that shovel! :D

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:54 pm

I probably earned the 41 based on the restrictions of the survey. :scratchhead:

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:15 pm

Xjmt wrote:
Well the least you could do is hand me that shovel! :D
I think he did. :D

I got a 41......I didn't see anything wrong with the result.

I don't watch Dr. Phil or Oprah......
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:28 pm

I don't watch Dr. Phil or Oprah.....
:clap: :rock: :biggthumbup:

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:31 am

:D Thankyew....thankyew, very much.

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:15 pm

lswot wrote::D Thankyew....thankyew, very much.
ISWOT HAS LEFT THE BUILDING! THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT!! :cool:

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:13 pm

Xjmt wrote:
lswot wrote::D Thankyew....thankyew, very much.
ISWOT HAS LEFT THE BUILDING! THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT!! :cool:
:cool: :lol:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:14 am

hmm, this is bad. Verrry bad. How come I got the lowest score but still stayed pretty much in the same discription as the rest of you??
Personally, if (so called) Dr. Phil had any kind of brain, he would shut up and bury himself in the grave he dug long ago. oops..wasn't going to say that. :lol:
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:37 am

hmm, this is bad. Verrry bad. How come I got the lowest score but still stayed pretty much in the same discription as the rest of you??
It's a miracle! Tune in next week when Dr Phil walks on water. :eyepop:
Personally, if (so called) Dr. Phil had any kind of brain, he would shut up and bury himself in the grave he dug long ago. oops..wasn't going to say that.
I didn't hear a thing. :IV: