WHO'S HERE Check-In

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Ilana
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
WHO'S HERE Check-In

Post by Ilana » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:32 pm

Hi everyone, seeing as how I'm a nosey creature, I am just curious to know who's migrated over here. Please check in, say hello, and if you want to and are comfortable about it, tell us something about you.

My name is Ilana (was Ilanad on Prodigy Board), I live in West Los Angeles, am an Adjunct Professor of American History and writer.

I love all kinds of SciFi, but, of course, my favorites are the Star Trek. I don't think I need to explain 8) . I know it makes everyone here crazy, my favorite sub-genre is time travel. Just love the movies, tv programs, and books in this genre. Everyone, if you have a favorite in that area, let me know, I may not have read/seen it.

Anyhow, thought I'd get the ball rolling... going to post this on the other boards, too, so possibly you'd like to check in the board where you post the most....

Hugs,
Ilana
Ilana
So long and thanks for all the fish

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:04 pm

:wave: Hello everyone. You should have already been officially welcomed by me in your pm, but, I shall say hello again.

I am trucker2000, also known as Mike by some.
I live about 30 miles south of Sacramento.
I drive a truck (the 18 wheeler type, it's my avatar)
And have all the star trek movies and both the video and dvd collections, (including the original) starwars.
I like Sci Fi and exploration games like the Myst series.
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:04 pm

Re "Honi soit qui mal y pense"
Watch yer tongue! :D

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:33 pm

I was actually here before the Prodigy Refugees came, having met Trucker (so to speak) at another forum relating to the MYST series of computer games.

I'll call myself a Star Trek fan rather than SciFi, although I like a lot of SciFi shows. I'm also a fan of time travel - I don't worry overmuch about the paradox part of it. :rotfl: I also watch Stargate SG-1, and I'm trying to watch Farscape which is hard to do since it never comes on any more ( I hope they didn't move it!) I've read all of the Terry Brooks fantasy novels.

I live in Greenville, SC and work in Medical Records at a large local hospital system.

Anne
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

BevH
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by BevH » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:38 pm

Hi, I'm BevH AKA Bev, strangely enough.

I'm a domestic engineer in a suburb of Kansas City.

I like doing counted cross-stitch especially while watching the Chiefs or the Royals. I've been a fan of Sci-Fi since Star Trek TOS. I'm also a bit of a computer geek and I like playing RPGs. Currently I'm playing Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal - which does have a Trek conection. David Warner, Michael Dorn and Dwight Schultz all did voice work for the game.

I'm also a fan of the horror genre, but not so much of what's come out lately movie-wise. I have all the seasons of Buffy currently released on DVD.

I'm also one of the Prodigy homeless...
Bev Image

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:26 am

I'm not here yet so don't look for me. :scratchhead:

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:30 am

I'm not here either - this reply is really an illusion created by a hollow projector. :D :shock: :lol: :biggrin: :angel:

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:06 pm

:-D Folks "NOT HERE", or "ILLUSIONS" there of, aside...:smile:
Hi y'all,
My alter ego is lswot....but my "real" name is Dennie (No, not the restaurant :rotfl: ...besides, I spell it differently :smile: ) As my Sister says.....I've had some funny things happen to me because of my name. Some people (ie: the government/schools) have confused my name with the opposite gender. I almost got drafted and was put in Boys Gym in school at one time. I am the stronger gender..... :wink:
I am retired. 8) I worked for Douglas/McDonnell Douglas.....and was :outtahere: there before our arch enemy Boeing came along and absorbed the company. Worked in Accounting and NO, I don't do Taxes! :lol: Not even my own....that's what CPA's are for. :smile:
I've always liked SciFi and was THERE when TOS first came along. For some reason.....I fell in love with it from the beginning....cheesey FX aside. I mean, we ALL knew the FX was tre low tech....but, that didn't bother us one iota. Sort of like Buck Rogers.....the ORIGINAL Buck Rogers :wink: ...who cared? The show(s) were different and gave hope to someday people going into Outer Space. It was all so 8) !
I've met a lot of wonderful people who love Trek as much as I. On-line and in person. I have a number of great Friends that I have met on-line in Trek related Chat rooms. For years I have been going to the annual Grand Slam Convention in Pasadena! (meeting some of these on-line Friends) When FARSCAPE came along (which I loved from the beginning) I started going to that Convention, as well and have now included the Vegas Con on my "agenda".
Some would tell me to "get a life".......but, why? I've already got one! :rotfl:
Some would say I was 'verbose'.....but, they've never met me....so how would they know? :scratchhead: :wink:
Oh.....and time travel....uh, it's REAL, right?......even IF "it all just gives me a headache!" :-D
Oh.....I'm in California.....the Southern part...Long Beach.
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:26 pm

My alter ego is lswot....
Is he here, too? :lol:
but my "real" name is Dennie
Now there you go. Right off the bat and you're fibben' to us already. :shock:
(No, not the restaurant ...besides, I spell it differently )
Does this mean you're not gonna take my order? :tantrum:
As my Sister says.....I've had some funny things happen to me because of my name. Some people (ie: the government/schools) have confused my name with the opposite gender. I almost got drafted and was put in Boys Gym in school at one time.
All the good stuff happens to somebody else. :mope:

I am the stronger gender.....
You're a Klingon?? :shock:
I am retired
I'm pretty tired, too, but you don't hear me complaining about it. :outtahere:
I worked for Douglas/McDonnell Douglas.....and was there before our arch enemy Boeing came along and absorbed the company. Worked in Accounting and NO, I don't do Taxes! Not even my own....that's what CPA's are for.
Didn't there used to be a McDonnell/Douglas in Long Island, New York? I used to work with a fellow who used to work there. He wasn't an accountant but he still wanted to do my taxes. I never let him. :rotfl:
I've always liked SciFi and was THERE when TOS first came along. For some reason.....I fell in love with it from the beginning....cheesey FX aside. I mean, we ALL knew the FX was tre low tech....but, that didn't bother us one iota. Sort of like Buck Rogers.....the ORIGINAL Buck Rogers ...who cared? The show(s) were different and gave hope to someday people going into Outer Space. It was all so !
I was there when TOS started also only I didn't have a TV at the time. :( FX didn't mean that much to me back then. I appreciated the stories. Excuse me, the ORIGINAL stories of TOS. They made the viewer think about issues not give answers or chase one another around with ray guns for an entire episode. Like now. :cuss:
I've met a lot of wonderful people who love Trek as much as I. On-line and in person. I have a number of great Friends that I have met on-line in Trek related Chat rooms. For years I have been going to the annual Grand Slam Convention in Pasadena! (meeting some of these on-line Friends)
I've neither done chat or Cons but I have managed to meet a couple of folks I knew through TREK and thoroughly enjoyed their company! :ghug:
When FARSCAPE came along (which I loved from the beginning) I started going to that Convention, as well and have now included the Vegas Con on my "agenda".
I was badgered into watching FARSCAPE by the Prodigy folks. Now right there is one reason to like them. :ghug:
Some would tell me to "get a life".......but, why? I've already got one!

Ya ever notice that people who say things like that don't usually have a life of their own? At least none that they truly seem to care about. :-D
Some would say I was 'verbose'.....but, they've never met me....so how would they know?
Again, a comment by some who are jealous because they only know 20 or so words. :rotfl:
Oh.....and time travel....uh, it's REAL, right?......even IF "it all just gives me a headache!"
Getting older and time travel both give headaches. Do ya think their related? :scratchhead:
Oh.....I'm in California.....the Southern part...Long Beach.
Oh! That was YOU in that string bikini?!? :shock:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:57 pm

:rotfl: xmjt, she's gonna get you. :grab:
and I'm watching. :popcorn:
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:38 pm

Re "the restaurant"
I'll have a burger and fries... Oh wait, you said <i>not</i> the restaurant. Never mind. :biggrin:

Re "Oh.....and time travel....uh, it's REAL, right?......even IF "it all just gives me a headache!"
Take two aspirin, and call Dr. Bashir yesterday morning.

Re "NO, I don't do Taxes!"
So long as IRS doesn't find out you're not doing... Oh, that's not what you meant, is it. :angel:

Re "Sort of like Buck Rogers..."
The guy with the neighborhood? No, wait...
Ah well, at least you know the value of a Buck. ;)
(We need the :gdr thingie here! ;) )

Henry

Ilana
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Ilana » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:13 am

Dennie!!! All this time I thought you were a guy.... well, you can't blame me... what is Dennie short for...Denise?????

Hugs,
Ilana
So long and thanks for all the fish

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:42 pm

Ilana wrote:Dennie!!! All this time I thought you were a guy.... well, you can't blame me... what is Dennie short for...Denise?????

Hugs,
:shock: :dozy: Oh, gosh.....

Just Dennie.....well, I have a middle name.....Sue.....but rarely use it. Fact is, the only time my Mother (et al, really) would use it is when she (or the aforementioned: et al) was (were) yelling out my FULL name to get my attention. :smile:
I could go on and on.....but, I believe I've used up my alloted 20 words. :dozy:

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:51 pm

trucker2000 wrote::rotfl: xmjt, she's gonna get you. :grab:
and I'm watching. :popcorn:

:dozy: OK xjmt :bomb:...this ones for you :grab:
Don't spill your :popcorn:, Trucker.....save some for me....and you can give xjmt :bomb: the box. Don't say I never gave you anything, xjmt. :bomb: Oh, and thanks for the 20 word allotment.....always helps to expand ones vocabulary......:dozy:
Last edited by lswot on Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:01 pm

Dennie!!! All this time I thought you were a guy

:oops: OK.....who else thought I was a guy?...raise your :wave:

Oh, and xjmt :bomb: .....IF I wore a bikini....well, :oops: it'll never happen. Just 'taint my style.....or size..... :shock: :wink: