Animal Planet

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
Re:

Post by lswot » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Henry J wrote:Arrrrrnold? Did he do a prehistoric theme movie sometime?

Henry
Uh, duh......"Conan the Barbarian"....."Red Sonja" ...... And maybe some more .... dunno. Or, maybe those weren't prehistoric....???
Last edited by lswot on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Oh, those; they slipped my mind. (Tabula Rasa?) I don't know what time frame those were supposed to be in, although they didn't have everybody living in tribes in caves.

Henry

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Animal Planet

Post by brian » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:59 pm

And he is a time traveler, after all. ;)
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:39 am

I thought of another one.....Allie Oop (oop, oop oop)

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Not to mention "Yabba Dabba Doo"!

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:48 pm

But of course.......

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Then there was that episode of Charmed in which Leo and Chris landed back in the Mesozoic and almost made the acquaintance (not to mention the menu) of a T-Rex.

Henry

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:23 pm

:shock:
I watched this movie.....forget the name......it wasn't well acted but I liked the premis. They were able to travel back in time.....but, an accident happened and they couldn't get this 'team' back...one of whom was a brother to the lead guy. Fifty some odd years later this guy 'improved' the time machine and he and a group of military types went back to find the lost team. Coming back they brought with them.....a T-Rex. It was so phoney but.....I watched it all and even watched it the next time it aired. :lol: It's like a accident.....you don't want to look but you do. :)
I read a great Michael Crichton book: "Timeline" (I think). It was very good.....not back to 'cave' days.....it was more like knights of the round table......but it was about time travel. This man had established a 'back in time' scenario....where people can go back and see what it was 'really' like 'back in the day'.......and as long as they didn't 'stray'.....they'd be ok! (similar to a another movie I saw.... :? uhoh.....I feel a headache coming on..... :smile: ) ANYway......Historians were very interested in this type of travel. One guy who was on a 'dig' in England......uncovering things about early Knights of the round table days......goes back and :nano: oops....strays. Some other people from the "dig" 'go back' to find him after they find a 'note' "Help me!" in the ruins. I think they made a movie of this.....but, don't quote me. :smile:
Um......have I 'strayed' off topic, here? :lol: Sorry! :truce: Uh, there 'were' horses in the story. :D

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:53 pm

They did make a movie out of Timeline. A real stinker. :barf:

I haven't read the book, but I've been told it was WAY better than the film.
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:18 pm

brian wrote:They did make a movie out of Timeline. A real stinker. :barf:

I haven't read the book, but I've been told it was WAY better than the film.
Most definitly........

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:25 pm

But would Miles O'brien have liked it? ;)

Henry

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:32 am

:scratchhead:

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Remember how Chief O'Brian (ST:TNG and DS9) feels about those temporal mechanics! ;)

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Henry J wrote:Remember how Chief O'Brian (ST:TNG and DS9) feels about those temporal mechanics! ;)
Well, yeah........like Janeway, too.

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Glaciers “Bleed” Million-Year-Old Ecosystem
The McMurdo Dry Valleys of Antarctica are considered one of the least hospitable places on Earth. So much so that NASA has used them to simulate conditions that might prevail on Mars. Nobody would have suspected that there is any life underneath this ice, which is hundreds of meters thick, if it weren’t for the striking red ice erupting from the glacier’s terminus, giving the formation the name Blood Falls. The red color is thanks to the high iron concentration in a microbial ecosystem that has been trapped under the glacier for over a million years. Researchers are now discovering what fuels these bacteria, and how they ever became trapped here in the first place.

More: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... AD97JOFJ00