I'm back

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
I'm back

Post by lswot » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:12 pm

Howdy......whew......I fianlly got my new computer....DSL and all the bells and whistles. Now if I only knew how to use them :)
I do like this new computer. Verizon DSL leaves a lot to be desired but, they are the only game in town. :huh:
Lots of things have been happening and trying to catch up with all that's gone on since I've been gone is going to be difficult. I'll give it the old college try, though. :bdsmile:
Great to be back. :D
See ya on-line
Oh.......and if your coming out for the Grand Slam.....see ya at the Con.
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:34 pm

:clap:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:13 pm

Glad you are back. You aren't the lonesome stranger tho. We had another who was gone due to a virus.
It's good to have you both back. :)
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:54 pm

:biggthumbup: :rock: :clap: :ghug:

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:18 pm

Thank yew, thank yew very much. :)

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."

BevH
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by BevH » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Yes welcome back, Iswot! And I was the one with the virus. :( We seem to have gotten rid of the virus, but can't seem to get rid of the annoying pop-ups even though I have at least one pop-up blocker. I've been told I may have to wipe the hard drive and start fresh. :mope:
Bev Image

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:49 pm

BevH wrote:Yes welcome back, Iswot! And I was the one with the virus. :( We seem to have gotten rid of the virus, but can't seem to get rid of the annoying pop-ups even though I have at least one pop-up blocker. I've been told I may have to wipe the hard drive and start fresh. :mope:
Thanks, and welcome back, too.
Gosh wipe your haed drive and start fresh. Seems a tad drastic. Hope it doesn't come to that.

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:51 pm

BevH wrote:Yes welcome back, Iswot! And I was the one with the virus. :( We seem to have gotten rid of the virus, but can't seem to get rid of the annoying pop-ups even though I have at least one pop-up blocker. I've been told I may have to wipe the hard drive and start fresh. :mope:
Before going to that drastic measure, Take a look at Hijack this
Be really careful with it tho, as it brings up everything that is running on your computer. I used it to get rid of an annoying spyware popup app that was running on my puter. It worked really well. Just be really careful that you don't delete anything that your computer needs to run.
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:30 pm

Just be really careful that you don't delete anything that your computer needs to run.
I really hate it when software give that warning. Like how am I supposed to know? A program like Quicken (based on my personal experience) can wrap itself around many commands on a HD to suit its own purpose. Remove Quicken can stop a computer in it's tracks. I should have just reformatted my HD and reinstalled but I didn't know, at that time, just how destructrive "legal" software can be.

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:03 pm

The good thing is that most popup programs are distinguished from other programs by their names. You are correct about quicken. Legal programs shouldn't do that. The nice thing about hijack this is that it has a button to press that tells you just what the program is. :) It's just time consuming at first.
Sometimes.
Forum Host

DonaldTurner
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Re: I'm back

Post by DonaldTurner » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:06 pm

I have never been as prolific a poster as many of you, but so you probably never even noticed my absence, but I, too, am back after an absence of several months, not because of any computer problems, but because my life became so busy that I wasn't able to spend any time online, and the longer you are away, the longer it takes to try to catch up!

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:28 am

I noticed you were away. And there are a few others missing as well. :(
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:36 am

Glad to see your back, Donald. Things get in the way, sometimes. We seem to missing some of our 'crew'........

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:03 am

:ghug: Hail, hail, the gang's almost all here! :ghug: