The OSCARS

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
The OSCARS

Post by Xjmt » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:30 pm

1.Anne Hathaway was a real treat. Attractive and very funny. It looked like she was having tons of fun. :clap:
2. For me James Franco was OK but just OK. I guess I should be more generous because he's a local boy and his grandmother shops in some of the same stores I do. :D But as I understand it he's on hiatus from his acting chores to attend college.
3. I really, really wanted Geoffrey Rush to win for Supporting Actor but 'oh well'. :mope:
4. Also really, really wanted Helene Bonham Carter (sp) to win but ..oh well. :mope: Loved her in every movie I've ever seen her in but especially "The King's Speech". She was wonderful.
5. As for fashion I truly don't give a fig leaf who wore what. If they wanted to wear it then fine by me. The critics can go take a long walk on a short pier as far as I'm concerned.
6. I'm not a big Christian Bale fan either then again I have not as yet seen "The Fighter".
7. Then there's the "F" word. I don't care. People use it in anger. People use it with humor. And sometimes it just slips out before the brain had engaged all gears. So what? She was excited. I hope she enjoyes her FN statue. :wink:
8. What a kicker closer. 94 year old Kirk Douglas who walked in with a cane and walked out with the best supporting actress. I should be so lucky should I ever reach 94. :D