"The Artist"

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
"The Artist"

Post by Xjmt » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Saw "The Artist" this afternoon. That's the new B&W <mostly> silent movie that's creating such a stir here at Awards time.
First off I wasn't feeling real chipper today but I don't know if that tainted my view of the movie.
To start off with the dog is absolutely marvelous. :clap:
Nothing really wrong with the cast all of whom are also wonderful. Jean Dujardin, as I understand it, is known mostly for slapstick comedy roles in French movies. Bérénice Bejo is an absolute doll who reminds me of someone else. Facially she reminds me a bit of Agent 86 from "Get Smart" but while still young is obviously a huge talent. John Goodman can do no wrong in my view. Love him and his performances. James Cromwell was the farmer in the pig movie "Babe" as well as several episodes of Star Trek as well as tons of other movies and has always been a favorite of mine. Malcolm McDowell, who you will remember as the nasty villian who killed Capt Kirk as well as making a big splash in the movie "Clockwork Orange" has very little to do but does it well. Ed Lauter is a name I never remember but you will recognize his face. He's been in so very many movies and on TV shows through the years.

My only problem came shortly after the movie introduces most of the characters where it seemed to bog down a little and had me fighting drowsiness. But that could have been just how I felt to start with.

Check IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1655442/ and see if it could be a movie you might enjoy.