Dark Knight Rises shooting

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin
Dark Knight Rises shooting

Post by brian » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:20 am

I almost posted yesterday, wondering what it is about these films that make for unbalanced fans, after reading that Rotten Tomatoes had to shut down their DKR page after reviewers who posted anything less than glowing reviews were starting to receive threats. People threatening others because of their opinion about a movie -- a MOVIE -- that they themselves hadn't even seen yet. It boggles the mind. (Not to say the shooter is a fan, or just picked the DKR premiere as a highly visible target. But they were speculating on the news if he was emulating Bane, the villain from the movie.)

I am reminded of how rabid the fans were about Heath Ledger being the BEST. ACTOR. EVARR!!1! after the last movie (and, of course, it being the BEST. MOVIE. EVARR!!1!). And how when I once speculated that posthumous awards were probably a nod to his career and his tragic death, rather than the particular work as Joker, I was pounced upon as if the fans were pack animals.

I don't know of any other fandom where the fans are so high-strung. :scratchhead:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Re: Dark Knight Rises shooting

Post by lswot » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:44 am

It's unbelievable the 'legs' this shooting story has. :barf:
It was a tragedy, yes......but to compare it to, well.....the current political happenings is pure ---- !
I'm not planning on seeing the picture......nor will I justify any diverse comments by acknowledging them......oh, wait.....I guess I just did. Oh, darn. :-D
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Yeah, I saw where the one politico from Texas said the shooting happened because of the "attacks on Judeo-Christian morals"... :barf: is right.

That's no different than that so-called "church" out of Kansas who says that all bad things that happen are due to the US's tolerance of gays, and celebrates the death of US soldiers. Pure balderdash, media whoring and political opportunism.

He should be ashamed for jumping on the putrid bandwagon of their M.O.

</soapbox>
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:02 pm

:clap: :biggthumbup:

For the above opinions!!!

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:50 am

Xjmt wrote::clap: :biggthumbup:

For the above opinions!!!
My sentiments exactly.
This shooting was done by one stupid moron. He deserves everything the law will give him and more.

As for fandom, it really does surprise me how many people do fall "in love" with a particular character or actor. I've never understood that. As for the dark night rises, I'm not a batman fan, so won't go see it. My son however, did go to the midnight showing here locally. It was quite sobering to wake up to the colorado news. That was definately tragic.
My heart goes out to all the families of those who were injured or killed.
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host