APPLE TV

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: APPLE TV

Post by trucker2000 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:25 am

xjmt2 wrote:Thank you Brian. They disconnected all my line filters when they installed U-verse. They're still around so I'll reinstall one for the fax and hope for the best which I'm sure will be perfect. :clap:
I'm surprised they removed all your line filters. When they installed U-verse in my home, they made sure I had them on all my lines.
Personally, I prefer what I had before (old att broadband was faster) to what I have now. The only good thing about uverse is I haven't had any problems with it. (eccept speed)
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Sat May 04, 2013 4:39 pm

trucker2000 wrote:
xjmt2 wrote:Thank you Brian. They disconnected all my line filters when they installed U-verse. They're still around so I'll reinstall one for the fax and hope for the best which I'm sure will be perfect. :clap:
I'm surprised they removed all your line filters. When they installed U-verse in my home, they made sure I had them on all my lines.
Personally, I prefer what I had before (old att broadband was faster) to what I have now. The only good thing about uverse is I haven't had any problems with it. (eccept speed)
Same problem when we first had it installed but the first two installers never found the 'lead in telephone wire' which came from underground up into the garage. That is where the line work had to be done. Maybe when you get the chance call ATT U-verse and tell them your speeds are worse and they didn't work on the lead-in line. Only one of the three guys that were here over two days was able to find it and he was a more experienced worker than the other two. Great guys, very conscientious but one was newer than the other.

We did finally get better speeds.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu May 09, 2013 4:13 pm

The combination deal ATT wanted us in was to include 'fibre optic' phone service so we said 'yes'. Took another couple of days to get it to work HOWEVER if you have a home security system tied to your phone line be prepared for the alarm to not work. So now we have to go back to land line. You'd thinK ATT would have asked about a security system but NOOOOOO. :flame:
Have to wait til' next tuesday to get the system switched back to land line service. :flame:
Also learned that for sure my HP All-In-One must work with the wire that came with the system and NOT ATT wires. :flame:

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Thu May 09, 2013 5:12 pm

We kept our land line when we got the Charter phone, because we have one corded phone that works when the power is off. The cordless phones don't work; neither does the Charter phone. But I use it in my home office.
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu May 09, 2013 8:38 pm

We were planning to get rid of our land line until we realized we need it. Sharp thinker we ain't. :rotfl:

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Fri May 10, 2013 6:43 am

One advantage to that is that we canceled the long distance on the land line because they were charging us $3 a month for not using it. The Charter phone has free long distance, and we have the cell phones we can use too.
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri May 10, 2013 5:02 pm

We, too, only have local calls on our land line but no our of area much less long distance. That's is now the provenience of smart phones.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri May 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Brian, we are now told we should put the filters back on all lines. :scratchhead:
One problem with the all-in-one is ATT replaced the HP phone line with one of their own.
Tues. is another ATT service call to return to land line instead of fibre optic. I think my wife wrote the instructions down wrong but I may remember some of it.
Also getting new insulation everywhere including in the attic...where there are phone lines....so we have to somehow mark the phone lines up there in case they get buried by insulation.
If it ain't one thing, tis another. :scratchhead:

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Sat May 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Cable is now OFF. However they did manage to send us a bill for the month of May 2 weeks ago. :flame:

Capitalists. The ability to stick it to you whenever and wherever. :flame:

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Mon May 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Made an attempt to d/l our first movie from i-Tunes which will be considered a "rental" and will have to pay for it. It is a 2 hr movie and the up front indication was that it would take 2 1/2 hours to d/l. That's with the ATT u-verse service which was proved to be running even slower than our regular computer connection before we signed on for ATT u-verse. Anyway 3 days later the movie has finally indicated it had d/l and we may now view it.You CANNOT watch another program while the d/l is in progress or the d/l will stop. Or so it seemed.
Problem with ATT u-verse is while you have the movie for 30 days you only get one viewing for the price so one dare not start the sucker to make sure it will play for fear of being charged extra for going back to the movie at a later date or even having the movie pulled from your inbox or whatever ATT calls it.
So far no real problems other than slow U-verse service with HULU +.
Haven't seen much reason to keep NETFLIX in that the movies shown aren't very interesting and a number of folks have told us their movies aren't that current so go check out the library first. At least the library is included in the taxes you pay locally.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed May 29, 2013 6:41 am

Just read in the NYTimes that the show HOMELAND is now on HULU + if one is already subscribed to HULU+. I'm gonna have to check that out. :bdsmile:

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed May 29, 2013 6:42 am

After our one experience with a movie d/l we're tempted to keep our movie watching confined to whatever we can check out at the library. :cool:

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed May 29, 2013 3:45 pm

xjmt2 wrote:Just read in the NYTimes that the show HOMELAND is now on HULU + if one is already subscribed to HULU+. I'm gonna have to check that out. :bdsmile:
OK, I got that wrong. The show appearing on HULU + is an Israeli TV show titled "Prisoners of War" the program Homeland is base upon. We're gonna give it a shot and see what we think.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:58 pm

The d/l movie now doesn't want to play and I can't play with it in an attempt to make it play because I only get one shot at the viewing so if the software thinks I watched it I'll be paying for nothing. Have to get holed of ATT on Monday to fix this thing. :flame: