RIP Michael Ansara

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin
RIP Michael Ansara

Post by brian » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Image Image

Michael Ansara: Iconic ‘Star Trek’ Actor Dies At 91

Michael Ansara, who will always be remembered as Kang, the villainous Klingon leader in Star Trek, died on July 31, according to his former agent Michael B. Druxman. He was 91 years old.

Michael’s agent announced his passing on August 3, stating that he died after a long battle with an illness related to Alzheimer’s in his home in Calabasas, Calif.

The classic actor brought his talents as the mysterious and thrilling Klingon leader to three different incarnations of Star Trek, first in the original series and then in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager.

But Michael also had an illustrious career outside of the iconic sci-fi series. Known for playing Native American characters and many other ethnicities, Michael’s acting credits include work on dozens of TV shows like Broken Arrow, Law of the Plainsman, I Dream of Jeannie, Hawaii 5-0, and Murder She Wrote, and comic book fans will remember him as the voice of Mr. Freeze in the animated Batman series.

He also starred in countless movies such as Julius Caesar, The Greatest Story Ever Told, and John Wayne’s The Comancheros.

Michael was formerly married to Barbara Eden, the iconic actress from I Dream of Jeannie; they divorced in 1974. Three years later Michael married Beverly Kushida, who he stayed with until the day he died. Upon hearing the news of his death, Barbara tweeted, “He was a good man, a good father & a fantastic actor who had a long and full life.”
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Re: RIP Michael Ansara

Post by Xjmt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:10 pm

:coffee: :cry:

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:21 am

:cry:
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:22 am

Very sad. You know.....at the Con they didn't mention his passing at all. (unless they did in the smaller theater) I was surprised. Some of my friends, there, did talk about it, though. :mope:
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......