Vegas Con 2015

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
Vegas Con 2015

Post by lswot » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:13 am

It's that time, again:

http://www.creationent.com/cal/st_lasvegas_guests.html

Maybe I'll see you this year?????

It's gonna be fun!!!
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Re: Vegas Con 2015

Post by lswot » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:01 am

I'm back! Had a great time. Next year is the 50th anniversary......I hope some of you can make it. I'll comment more about the Con, later. Really super time.......

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Go to : www.creationent.com/ST50/

to see some pictures from the Con

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:04 am

My Report!

LAS VEGAS CONVENTION 2015
What a Con…….had a great time. Lots of ‘Guests’…….some we’ve seen off and on through the years and some we haven’t seen before. Most of the ‘Guests’ appeared as a panel……DS9, TNG, etc. Sometimes Adam would interview them before taking questions from the floor. The ‘Guests’ were quite funny and to me…..very appreciative of one another.
I Flew into Vegas the day before the actual Convention. ….to miss the line to get my room. So much for arriving early. The line was really long. Didn’t take long…..but, at the time it seemed like FOREVER!  Got the room and met up with my ‘roomie’. By the time we got checked in and settled in our room it was time to pre- register for the Con. Yikes, another long line. Someone talked with Leticia and she suggested going to dinner and coming back a couple of hours later. Which we did. Mucho better! Wondered around the Dealers Room then called it a day.
Up bright and early…….first day of the actual Con. Did my usual on Con opening day…..went and bought a paper, vanilla latte and a cheese Danish. Getting set for the festivities. The Con opened around 1pm with a musical video. Mostly……welcoming us to the Con and talking about the ‘Guests’ who would be appearing, etc, etc, etc. Didn’t really get started till 2:50pm (who am I kidding……nothing started at the exact time on the program) ok, make that ‘around’ 3pm.  Anyway…..they started with the Enterprise panel. Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, John Billingsley, and Anthony Montgomery. They were all quite funny and engaging. Lots of laughs but can’t really remember all that was said and done…….just that we were all laughing a lot. They did take questions………..between laughs. 
Around 4 we saw DS9 favorites: Armin Shimmerman, James Darren and Nicole de Boer. Questions from the floor……answers and more laughs. I wish I could be more informative but things were just happening so fast…….I couldn’t keep up. …..and not because I’m getting older, you understand! 
Around 5 we saw: Don Most and Anson Williams (Happy Days) They’ve both directed and appeared in DS9. They both started their careers wanting to be singers. Don Most did sing a song for us…….quite good.
At 6:30pm JG Hertzier and Robert O’Reily (Martok and Gowron) in Klinfon attire. Which we did miss……..Friend from Arizona arrived and we visited with him.
Around 8pm they had a Borg bingo party…..don’t ask, didn’t go. 
About 9pm The Gold Patron Voodoo Lounge party. Good food but……..the band was VERY loud. In fact when they started I jumped about a foot. Don’t like this ‘stuff’….so I apologized to the people I was with and left.

Friday 8-7 Up early did my morning routine and waited for the roomie to get up and the Con to start. At 10am Walter Koenig was on stage but I missed him.
Around 10:40 they had a talk with People from the Smithsonian who are restoring the original Enterprise 11 foot filming model. Very interesting. They showed clips of the progress and where it is slated to be on display at the Air And Space Museum. (Near the Kitty Hawk) They are restoring it to prime condition. Really amazing all the detail they are going through to have it ready for display next July for the 50th anniversary. Time to plan my trip to D.C. Didn’t realize what this talk would be about and if I’d really be interested. I was…..still am.
Around noon they had a celebration of the life and times of Leonard Nimoy featuring Leonard’s son Adam Nimoy. Adam interviewed Adam along with some amazing archival footage from the Creation Vaults. Had pictures of his childhood and shows he acted in……all very interesting. I learned that Leonard and DeForest Kelly were very good Friends with Grace Lee Whitney. The whole presentation was very well done.
About 2pm they had some DS9 favorites Nana Visitor, Rene Auberjonois. Terry Farrell, and Ciroc Lofton. The talked about the series what they were doing, now and taking questions from the floor. Lots of laughs (which seemed to be the norm all weekend).
About 2:45pm Alice Krige was on stage. Adam interviewed her and she took questions from the floor. Very interesting Woman.
Around 4pm Eugene Roddenberry was on stage……missed.
On or about 5pm Max Groedenchik and Aron Eisenberg were on stage……in costume. Very funny, together. Talked about their parts in DS9, etc……..and took questions. Fun
About 30 minutes later Marina Sirtis, Michael Dorn, and Denise Crosby. All looking great…..and such fun to watch.
Everything was over around 7pm Good day.
Saturday 8-8, around 9:30am a very interesting panel consisting of Mike and Denise Okuda, Herman Zimmerman…….set designers, directors, etc. Took us on an unprecedented voyage behind the scenes. It actually was pretty interesting.
At 10am or so Robert Beltran had his tattoo put on by Michael Westmore. Before he started with the tattoo Mr. Westmore talked about his stint on the show….his very talented family and how they are all involved with making people look good.  Very interesting man.
Around 11:30am Karl Urban was suppose to be there but didn’t make it…..don’t remember why and don’t remember who took his place. I guess I should take notes….? Naaa.
At 1:30pm Dame Joan Collins. Talked with Adam and answered questions. Didn’t catch all of her appearance, sorry to say. She is quite striking…..and doesn’t seem to age.
Around 3:30pm Terry Ferrell. Always a fan favorite. Mostly took questions from the floor. Very funny.
After 4pm The Voyager panel ……Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan, Robert Beltran, Tim Russ, Robert Picardo, Ethan Phillips, Robert Duncan McNeill and Garrett Want. Whew, what a line up. All were quite funny…….took questions hard to remember all that went on……Adam even extended their time on stage. Fun
At 5:15 Brannon Braga. Missed most of what he had to say.
Around 6pm The Costume Competition. Really wasn’t impressed with the ‘new’ format or the costumes. The winner was from Enterprise…..an inner space being of some sort. Tell the truth I didn’t watch the show much pass the first episode. Anyway it was kind of interesting.
About 10pm Creation had a concert featuring the Nevada Pops Orchestra conducted by Star Trekker Richard McGee. They had a guest conductor Dennis McCarthy who directed a couple of his compositions. All Very nice. After the Concert they had a Dessert Party…which really didn’t start till almost mid-night. Didn’t go. Very tired. 
Sunday around 9:30am Creation saluted Grace Lee Whitney. I’ll quote from the program: “To all of us and truly to all Star Trek fans, Grace Lee Whitney (Janice Rand) was a delightful, animated, energetic and inspirational friend who was a consistent presence at many of our Star Trek Conventions over the decades. Her talks on stage were always a highlight and her dramatic life with its ups and downs were truly beacons of light that added hope to thousands of lives.” She was all that and more.
At 10am they featured The DS9 life….with Alexander Siddig, Andy Robinson, Marc Alamo, Chase Masterson, Casey Biggs…..reminiscing about their roles, etc. Marc, at times sounded like he was through with acting…….and the others seemed to convince him not to leave acting. At least that was impression I got…….he not so much wanted to ‘leave’….just a little tired. They are all very engaging and fun to listen to………and laugh.
They had a number of ‘space’ related vendors, hawkers…..what have you pushing for one thing or another throughout the Con. Can’t say I went to all of these presentations. There was also a ‘Second Theater” which featured different actors who were in Start Trek….all generations. They also had a couple of auctions, etc. Just didn’t make it to see them. They do have a lot going on and sometimes you have to decide just what you want to see.
Around 1:30 George Takei. Missed
At 2pm Sir Patrick Stewart. Are we becoming British? We have a Sir and a Dame. Jeepers. Anyway, he was there. Looks fantastic and enjoyed seeing and listening to him. Very gracious.
4:45pm Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton and Brent Spiner. These three were very funny and engaging. Took questions and just about owned the stage. Frakes never sat still…..
That was about it. They finished up the autographs, upgrading seating, etc. And then at 9:40pm they had their Finale: The Star Trek Rat Pack Returns….they are: Max Grodenchik, Armin Shimmerman, Vaughan Armstrong, Jeffrey Combs and Casey Biggs. They sang parodies and cracked each other up…….and had us all laughing.
And that was it. The Con was over till next year when they celebrate Treks 50th. Sounds like they won’t be pulling 0any punches. Should be great and I’m looking forward to it!!! Hope to see some of you there.

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:26 am

:clap:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks Brian......but I forgot one.......shoot. ok....here it is:

Saturday......
At around 2:15 William Shatner. Always fun and really quite a story teller. He took questions and charmed us all. He really looks good. He's Lost quite a bit of weight.

I was going by the program....duh.....and he was at the top of the page and came on stage before Terry
Farrell........and I just skipped right over him. (and he's hard to miss.....well he did lose a lot of weight :lol: )

No excuse.......sorry.

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 am

You forgot THE SHAT?!?

Alright, 50 hail Uhuras...
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:20 am

Wow, what a show. I wish I lived closer. :clap:
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:14 am

I wish you did, too. My Friend comes out from Colorado.....just sayin'. :lol:

The Gold and Captains Chair are ....well, not cheap. They do have a new seating called Copper and then you have general or daily admissions. I think they even have a weekend gen admin with assigned seating.
Check out Creationent.com Also, the hotel (Rio) does offer discounts......except for the weekend. I think they're negotiating a better price range.
The tickets do sell quickly.

It sure would be great to meet some of you......

Ilana
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Ilana » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks, Denny, sounds fun!!!
Ilana
So long and thanks for all the fish

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:09 am

Who's Denny? :)

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:50 am

:D