Recycling

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
Re: Recycling

Post by Henry J » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Subject: Fw: And They Vote

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car. It's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.
My sister ALSO votes!

==========
My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount...
He ALSO votes!

==========
I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?" I explained that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned...
My friend ALSO votes!
=========
I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up.
She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?".
SHE ALSO votes!

To those who understand ~ No explanation is necessary.
For those who don't understand ~ No explanation is possible.
>
>

=========

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:53 am

"My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount...
He ALSO votes!'

Where is this store? :D
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:56 am

Surely you don't mean that the way it sounded! :shock:

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:11 pm

And how did you think it sounded?

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Uh - like you wanted to go shopping?

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:53 pm

Retarded Grandparents

After Christmas, a teacher asked her young pupils how they spent their holiday away from school. One child wrote the following:

We always used to spend the holidays with Grandma and Grandpa. They used to live in a big brick house but Grandpa got retarded and they moved to Arizona. Now they live in a tin box and have rocks painted green to look like grass. They ride around on their bicycles and wear name tags because they don't know who they are anymore.

They go to a building called a wrecked center, but they must have got it fixed because it is all okay now, and do exercises there, but they don't do them very well. There is a swimming pool too, but in it, they all jump up and down with hats on.

At their gate, there is a doll house with a little old man sitting in it. He watches all day so nobody can escape. Sometimes they sneak out. They go cruising in their golf carts.

Nobody there cooks, they just eat out. And, they eat the same thing every night: Early Birds.

Some of the people can't get out past the man in the doll house. The ones who do get out, bring food back to the wrecked center and call it pot luck.

My Grandma says that Grandpa worked all his life to earn his retardment and says I should work hard so I can be retarded someday too. When I earn my retardment, I want to be the man in the doll house. Then I will let people out so they can visit their grandchildren.

=========

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:18 am

Henry J wrote:Uh - like you wanted to go shopping?
How clever of you. Course I'd explain to that clerk where he/she erred. <cough, cough>

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Up-and-coming visionaries get chided all the time by the establishment. Here are some classics to inspire you to power on for the betterment of humanity.

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
--Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
--Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year."
--The editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957

"But what ... is it good for?"
--Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
--Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us."
--Western Union internal memo, 1876.

"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
--Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.

=========

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Up-and-coming visionaries get chided all the time by the establishment. Here are some classics to inspire you to power on for the betterment of humanity (continued).

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
--David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s.

"The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a 'C,' the idea must be feasible."
--A Yale University management professor in response to Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service. (Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)

"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?"
--H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.

"I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and not Gary Cooper."
--Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the leading role in "Gone With The Wind."

"A cookie store is a bad idea. Besides, the market research reports say America likes crispy cookies, not soft and chewy cookies like you make."
--Response to Debbi Fields' idea of starting Mrs. Fields' Cookies.

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
--Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

=========

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:07 am

Subject: arthritis

A drunk man who smelled like beer sat down on a subway next to a Priest. The mans tie was stained, his face was plastered with Red lipstick, and a half empty bottle of gin was sticking out of His torn coat pocket. He opened his newspaper and began Reading.

After a few minutes the man turned to the priest and Asked, "Say Father, what causes arthritis?"

The priest replies, "My Son, it's caused by loose living, being With cheap, wicked women, too much alcohol and a contempt for Your fellow man, sleeping around with prostitutes and lack of a Bath".

The drunk muttered in response, "Well, I'll be damned," then Returned to his paper.

The priest, thinking about what he had said, nudged the man And apologized. "I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to come on so Strong. How long have you had arthritis?"

The drunk answered, "I don't have it, Father. I was just Reading here that the Pope does".

=========

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:35 pm

Up-and-coming visionaries get chided all the time by the establishment. Here are some classics to inspire you to power on for the betterment of humanity (continued).

"If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the experiment. The literature was full of examples that said you can't do this."
--Spencer Silver on the work that led to the unique adhesives for 3-M "Post-It" Notepads.

"So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'"
--Apple Computer Inc. founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and H-P interested in his and Steve Wozniak's personal computer.

"Professor Goddard does not know the relation between action and reaction and the need to have something better than a vacuum against which to react. He seems to lack the basic knowledge ladled out daily in high schools."
--1921 New York Times editorial about Robert Goddard's revolutionary rocket work.

"You want to have consistent and uniform muscle development across all of your muscles? It can't be done. It's just a fact of life. You just have to accept inconsistent muscle development as an unalterable condition of weight training."
--Response to Arthur Jones, who solved the "unsolvable" problem by inventing Nautilus.

"Drill for oil? You mean drill into the ground to try and find oil? You're crazy.."
--Drillers who Edwin L. Drake tried to enlist to his project to drill for oil in 1859.

=========

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:15 pm

"Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau."
--Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929.

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value."
--Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre.

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
--Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.

"Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction".
--Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872

"The abdomen, the chest, and the brain will forever be shut from the intrusion of the wise and humane surgeon".
--Sir John Eric Ericksen, British surgeon, appointed Surgeon- Extraordinary to Queen Victoria 1873.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

Not to mention:

"[Atoms are indivisible!]"

"[Continents don't move!]"

"[Neutrinos don't have mass!]"

"[Pluto is the ninth planet!]"

=========

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:44 am

Never say never........

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:08 am

Nevermore!

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:14 pm

:smile: