Entertainment Results

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
Entertainment Results

Post by Xjmt » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:44 pm

According to this past Sunday's NYTimes in surveys or however it's done for the week of June 14-June 20 there some interesting observations.

In Broadcast TV the # 7 highest rated show was COLD CASE. :biggthumbup:

For Cable TV the # 2 show was MONK! (I will not forget to....oh frell). :oops:

Of the "stickiest" home web sites the top rated is something called "PalTalk.com". Anyone ever hear of this? :scratchhead:

The top movie as everyone now knows was "Farhenheit 9/11" which was made for somewhere around $6 million but grossed somewhere around $22 million over the weekend. :shock:

Top rental movie in both VHS and DVD is something called "50 First Dates". :scratchhead:

The top Health/Lifestyle magazine for women was "Health." Go figure. OTOOH the top magazine in that category for men was "Flex". Go figure. :outtahere:

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:52 pm

"50 First Dates" is that comedy starring Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. She loses her memory every day, and he has to meet her anew, and convince her to fall in love with him again. It's where Enterprise stole the plot for "Twilight". :lol:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:36 pm

Re "She loses her memory every day, and he has to meet her anew, and convince her to fall in love with him again."
It's Groundhog Day all over again? ;)

Henry

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:34 pm

Let me see now. Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. Hmmmm. Would I want to see them together in a movie or have root canal without novacaine? :scratchhead: Ahhh...decisions, decisions.

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:59 am

Xjmt wrote:Let me see now. Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. Hmmmm. Would I want to see them together in a movie or have root canal without novacaine? :scratchhead: Ahhh...decisions, decisions.
:lol: :wink:
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......