SP 2

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
SP 2

Post by Xjmt » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:23 am

In that there are some folks who are having problems with the new MS SP 2 upgrade for X/P here is an MS site that may help explain some of one might do if in that circumstance.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=842242

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:19 am

It's still sitting in my systray nagging me to install it. Our IS department at work sent us e-mails telling to hold off on the installation until they have finished testing. I'm wait for their go ahead before upgrading my home computer.

Anne
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:37 pm

Hahaha, it's still sitting in My systray bugging me to install it. I'm still in debate.
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:34 am

Mine was installed over time by a number of MS d/loads. So far the only problem I've had is burning photos onto CDs. The u/l to my Yahoo photo albums worked itself out. I'm guessing that problem was caused by a Yahoo belch (possible but remote), SP 2 installation (but it started prior to the final installation), or (most likely) I either pushed the wrong button at the right time or the right button at the wrong time. :oops:

AnneB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AnneB » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:47 am

JT, if you use the SBC Yahoo software to connect, there is a patch available for download to make it compatible with SP2. I don't use it so didn't bother, but I may still have the e-mail if you need it.

Anne
Check These Out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite trips!

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:16 pm

Donahoo wrote:JT, if you use the SBC Yahoo software to connect, there is a patch available for download to make it compatible with SP2. I don't use it so didn't bother, but I may still have the e-mail if you need it.

Anne
Thanks. That'd be good to have. I'm using MS:IE but sometimes YAHOO insists I use there warmed over browser and it'd be good information to have. :D