Recycling

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
Re: Recycling

Post by Henry J » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:43 pm

lswot wrote:"Fourth Law: The number of people in any working group tends to increase regardless of the amount of work to be done."

I think that should be.....the number of people in any working group tends to DECREASE regardless of the amount of work.

:huh:
You noticed that too? :shock:

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:44 pm

My teacher reminds me of history - She's always repeating herself!

Dad, can you help me find the lowest common denominator in this problem please?
Don't tell me that they haven't found it yet, I remember looking for it when I was a boy!

Mother: Why did you just swallow the money I gave you?
Son: Well you did say it was my lunch money!

What's a mushroom?
The place they store the school food!

Teacher: I said to draw a cow eating some grass but you've only drawn the cow?
Pupil: Yes, the cow ate all the grass!

Teacher: Did your parents help you with these homework problems?
Pupil: No I got them all wrong by myself!

----------

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:01 pm

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

----------
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

----------
"`In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were REAL men, women were REAL women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.'"

----------
"There is a theory which states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another which states that this has already happened."

----------

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:24 am

A minister was completing a Temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

Sermon complete, he sat down.

The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, nearly laughing, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365, "Shall We Gather at the River."

----------

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:24 am

:lol:
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Subject: Fw: Ole and Lena Humor
Ole and Lena were out walking and Lena clutched her heart and fell to the sidewalk. Ole got out his cell phone and called 9-1-1. The Operator said "Where are you?"
Ole said, "We were walking and Lena is on the sidewalk on Eucalyptus Street."
The operator said, "How do you spell that?" and the phone seemed to go dead. The operator kept shouting for Ole. She could hear him panting. Then he came back on and said, "I dragged her over to Oak St, that's O-A-K."
----------

Two Norwegian hunters from Minnesota got a pilot to fly them to Canada to hunt moose. They bagged six. As they started loading the plane for the return trip, the pilot said the plane could take only four moose. The two lads objected strongly, "Last year we shot six and the pilot let us put them all on board and he had the same plane as yours."
Reluctantly, the pilot gave in and all six were loaded. However, even on full power, the little plane couldn't handle the load and went down a few moments after take-off.
Climbing out of the wreck one Norski asked the other, "Any idea where we are?"
"Yaaah I tink we's pretty close to where we crashed last year."
----------

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:52 am

Oi

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Vey!

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Lena called the airlines information desk and inquired, "How long does it take to fly from Minneapolis to Fargo?"
"Yust a minute", said the busy clerk.
"Vell", said Lena, "if it has to go dat fast, I tink I'll yust take da bus."
----------

The judge had just awarded a divorce to Lena, who had charged non-support. He said to Ole, "I have decided to give your wife $400 a month for support."
"Vell, dat's fine, Judge," said Ole. "And vunce in a while I'll try to chip in a few bucks, myself."
----------

Ole is so cheap that after his airplane landed safely he grumbled, "Vell, dere gose five dollars down da drain for dat flight insurance!"
----------

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Ole died. So Lena went to the local paper to put a notice in the obituaries.
The gentleman at the counter, after offering his condolences, asked Lena what she would like to say about Ole.
Lena replied, "You yust put 'Ole died'."
The gentleman, somewhat perplexed, said, "That's it? Just 'Ole died.'?
Surely, there must be something more you'd like to say about Ole. If it's money you're concerned about, the first five words are free. We must say something more."
So Lena pondered for a few minutes and finally said, "O.K. You put, Ole died. Boat for sale."
----------

Lars: "Ole, stant in front of my car and tell me if da turn signals are working."
Ole: "Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, No..."
----------

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Ole and Lena got married. On their honeymoon trip they were nearing Minneapolis when Ole put his hand on Lena's knee.
Giggling, Lena said, "Ole, you can go a little farther now if ya vant to."
So Ole drove to Duluth.
----------

Ole bought Lena a piano for her birthday. A few weeks later, Lars inquired how she was doing with it.
"Oh," said Ole, "I persuaded her to svitch to a clarinet."
"How come?" asked Lars.
"Vell," Ole answered, "because vith a clarinet she can't sing."
----------

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Governmentium

A major research institution has recently announced the discovery of the heaviest chemical element yet known to science. The new element has been tentatively named Governmentium.

Governmentium has 1 neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons, and 224 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

Since governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected as it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A minute amount of governmentium causes one reaction to take over 4 days to complete when it would normally take less than a second.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 3 years; it does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places. In fact, governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause some morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists to speculate that governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as Critical Morass.

[I wonder if this has anything to do with the Peter principle? ]

----------

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:52 am

:rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 pm

_Quotes_Of_The_Day_

If I think, and therefore I am, am I just a thought? [Let me think...]

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy? [Insufficient data to answer that.]

Why do the numbers on the phone go one way, but the numbers on the calculator go the other way? [Yeah, that one doesn't add up!]

Is bad a bad word? [Can't be; it's only got three letters.]

What does the T in T-Shirt really mean? [Torso?]

Why does the label on children's Tylenol tell you not to operate heavy machinery or vehicles when it's for CHILDREN!? [No go-carts or easy-bake ovens for a while?]

----------

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Do bald men wash their head with soap or shampoo? [Maybe they use the real poo?]

Why are there dents in a golf ball? [To improve the odds of getting a hole in one?]

How can someone be dirt poor, and another be filthy rich? [Curses, soiled again!]

When you put 'THE' and 'IRS' together, it forms 'THEIRS'. Coincidence? I think not. [That's a taxing thought.]

What would happen if u put a humidifier and a dehumidifier in the same room? [A positive feedback loop?]

If you built a time machine with all new parts, when you went back would the parts you use disappear because they didn't exist then? [And would the capacitor then be in flux?]

----------