Movie quote game

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
Re: Movie quote game

Post by lswot » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Star Wars...???
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:12 pm

The force was not with you on that answer... ;)

Henry

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 am

Guess it wasn't as easy as you thought. :smile:

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:17 am

Star Trek!
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Re "Guess it wasn't as easy as you thought."

Maybe I should have added that they speaker was talking to himself. Sort of.

Henry

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:35 am

brian wrote:Star Trek!
:smile:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:41 pm

New one:

"Stupid is as stupid does!"

Henry

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:08 am

Forrest Gump

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am

Yep!

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:27 pm

"Fasten you seat belts it's going to be a bumpy night!"

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:53 pm

I know it's Bette Davis, but I don't know what movie. :scratchhead:

I know that because there's a clip of her saying in the finale of the Great Movie Ride attraction at Disney World:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cd6NwtAd2s

(She's at about 2:20)

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:04 pm

That movie montage may confuse those of you who have never been on the ride ("Ride? That looks like a film!"). The ride vehicles come together to form theater seating for that finale montage. Here's the full ride experience, for anyone who's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOUhcRMXLqM

I worked there ..some number.. of years ago. (20)

The Busby Berkeley scene used to move. The alternating levels of girls spun in different directions and water fountains shot up from the stage. It broke down all the time, so they finally just made it a static display.

Mary Poppins was one of my favorite scenes. She appears to float over the rooftops of London. Her entire armature is supported by a rod that comes out of the back of her bag into the chimney behind her.

This ride is fun, the way the tour guide gets into the shootout and your car is hijacked by the gangster (until later, when the guide returns in a supernatural blast). To increase capacity, two cars are treated to a hijacking at once. While this car was stopped in the gangster scene, the car in front was held up in the western scene by an old west bandit in the bank robbery set.

I also love the Alien scene. The Sigourney Weaver animatronic looks just like her, and the aliens popping out are neat.

The plane in the Casablanca scene is one that was really used in the film. They searched and searched for the same model, found a wrecked one in a junkyard somewhere out west, and when they checked the serial numbers, found that it was really used in the film!

The Fantasia scene in my day was the tornado from Wizard of Oz. It's a curved chamber with a lot of wind. People really missed the point, though, so they modified it to be Sorcerer's Apprentice.

The witch in the Wizard of Oz was a first. She was the first audio-animatronic to have fully articulated hands and fingers.

Then the two ride vehicles come together for the finale I posted earlier. This version has an updated film, with newer additions, such as Pirates, Narnia, and Finding Nemo

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:46 am

The movie was: All About Eve.......it was on the tip of your tongue....I know...that's why I 'gave' it to you. That 'ride' looks, sounds interesting.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:13 pm

The plane in the Casablanca scene is one that was really used in the film. They searched and searched for the same model, found a wrecked one in a junkyard somewhere out west, and when they checked the serial numbers, found that it was really used in the film!
I had read that in the final scenes, which were filmed on a sound stage, the "plane" wasn't really that far away from the major actors so they used a mock-up built of wood and cardboard and used midgets (height challanged folks) to act as if they were servicing the craft. All this to give the appearance of great depth in the scene.

Other "planes" in CASABLANCA were models hung by strings. I don't recall a real plane in any scene so if the serial numbered plane they found was the same it must have been used as a model. No?

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:35 pm

There's a full-size plane in the "here's looking at you" scene, isn't there? Or maybe a film projection behind them of a real plane?